Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A New Direction...

Well, I had what might be called a 'spiritual experience' last night. It was a dream that I was in Radio City Music Hall watching Cavalli's Giasone. In my dream, I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually understood all the words. I now can understand opera, and I've taken this as a sign that I need to abandon my current collection and only listen to opera and classical music.

I've decided to sell my iPod and only listen to vinyl records, because the true sound of opera can only be reproduced on vinyl. Fortunately, I still have a turn table, so this isn't an issue. The issue is finding good operas on vinyl. I'll have to scour Ebay and all the used music shops, garage sales, and thrift shops.

I just hope selling all my current vinyl and CD's will bring in enough for me to amass a grand collection of opera and classical. Surely an original Beatles 'White Album' will bring in a few bucks. Maybe some of the Elvis, Abba, Monkees and U2 records will as well...


Oh crap, this means I have to rename my blog....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll give you $10 for your music collection, and another 10 for the rights to remane your blog :)

-BM