Monday, December 14, 2009

It's called Christmas!

The song says it all. Merry Christmas!

Read this one too: http://memo2self.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-because-of-christmas.html

Christmas with a Capital "C" - Go Fish
Well I went to the coffee shop to get myself a Mocha,
The lady at the counter said "Happy holidays";
I said, "Thanks lady, I am pretty happy,
But there’s only one holiday that makes me feel that way."

It’s called Christmas, what more can I say?
It’s about the birth of Christ
and you can’t take that away.
You can call it something else,
but that’s not what it will be.
It’s called Christmas with a capital "C."

God's got a law and we pretty much destroyed it.
We’re gonna get judged, there’s no way to avoid it.
But Jesus came down to take the punishment for me.
He did it for you too, so maybe you can see . . .

Why It’s called Christmas, what more can I say?
It’s about the birth of Christ
and you can’t take that away.
You can call it something else,
but that’s not what it will be.
It’s called Christmas with a capital "C."

It’s called Christmas!
(oh, yes we want to say happy holidays because we don’t want to leave anybody out, really, how come there’s a bunch of holidays in February but no one says happy holidays then, they say what it is, “happy valentines day- OOH do you believe in love?”)

It’s called Christmas!

(but no body wants to say christmas,everything but Christmas, why I know why, you do too, it’s because it’s got Christ in it and after thousands of years he’s still intimidating people, you see when a religious figure says “I am the way” people don’t wanna hear it.)

It’s called Christmas!

( I say you gotta say merry Christmas cuz it is! and if you don’t believe in it fine, but i got a flash for you, Christianity happens to be the religious heritage of my country whether you like it or not.)

It’s called Christmas!

(so if you’re not Christian or you don’t like it, and you don’t want Christmas to be celebrated, well then God Bless You, but if you’re think you’re gonna stop me from sayin it because it offends you, i gotta flash for you, Put a helmet on, cuz it’s my country too.)

It’s called Christmas, what more can I say?
It’s about the birth of Christ
and you can’t take that away.
You can call it something else,
but that’s not what it will be.
It’s called Christmas with a capital "C”

No comments: