Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lets Go Retro!

Ok, this old Imperials song just came on my iPod, and put me in a nostalgic mood. I think I'll be listening to a bunch of golden oldies today.

Isn't it interesting how styles change over the years, yet what was popular 30 years ago (or more) is still great to listen to? In fact, I like a lot of older music better than I do modern music. So much of today's music sounds the same, like everyone is trying to copy the success of everyone else.

There are a few exceptions to this, of course. For example, bands like U2 and Coldplay certainly don't need to copy other band's sounds. They are so uniquely creative and successful, other bands copy them.

It kind of makes me wonder how music transitions from one style to the next. From the Beach Boys to The Bee Gees to Nirvana to whatever today's hot band is, popular music has really changed drastically. I guess some of it could be due to advances in technology making new instruments and new ways to create music.

Isn't it amazing the creativity that God has given us? So many songs have been written, but there's always something new and different coming out.

No comments: