Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Radio

OK, I kinda hate the radio. They play the same stuff over and over and over and over and.... well, you get the idea...

So anyway, I was really enjoying listening to 93.7 WDJC here in Birmingham, as it was the only Christian station we can get that played anything remotely resembling Rock. In fact, the Jon Walden show was awesome till they made him change the format. Now his show sounds like the rest of the shows. They need to let him go back to playing the harder stuff!!

Since Jon Walden's show now sounds just like Justin & Cari, Ronnie Bruce and Wendy & Ken, but with no female co-host, I've pretty much quit listening to WDJC. I'll put them on sometimes on the drive home from work, and depending on what they are saying and playing, I might actually stay there. However, most of the time I drift. In the mornings, I almost always listen to Rick & Bubba (ok, so it's a talk show. But they are funny, and they play some clips of songs when they come back from a commercial break, and that is how I found a song that I really like, which will be discussed in a later post.)

I've even started popping around on some other stations. There is a decent Classic Rock station and there's this one station that sometimes is playing a good grunge song (like something from Alice in Chains, Nirvana or Pearl Jam, etc) so I'll stop on them if they are playing something interesting.

Anyway, I'm kinda outta the loop on pop songs and current rock stuff. Most of it is nasty stuff not worth listening to. I really look at the lyrics and the lifestyle of the band, and even though the music might sound awesome, if they are immoral, I often won't listen. Sometimes, however, you to hear some quality music from what seems to be a pretty clean band.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Ok, an update....

WDJC is once again playing some good stuff, and especially on Saturday nights, Jon's doing Revolution Radio, during which he's playing some pretty hard rock and rap.

I'm now listening to WDJC again occaisionaly.